AdSense and Facebook are high competition. While they deserve a place in your strategy, you’ve got to get creative if you want to stand out from the crowd in this day and age. And that means advertising on lesser-known platforms that customers still use.
Believe it or not, online advertising is possible just about anywhere. For other apps and platforms, it’s a scalable monetization model. For the users, it’s another opportunity to connect with their buyers. In this article, we’ll show you five of our favorite places to advertise your products in the coming year.
Podcasts have seen a massive rise in popularity over the past few years, and they will only continue to grow. Worldwide, 464.7 million internet users tune into them. To advertise on a podcast, you have a few options.
- Product placements are more subtle. They build brand awareness by playing into the psychology of association.
- Product mentions are a little more obvious; the host will talk about your product or service briefly during the show.
- Sponsored segments include a pre-roll ad, mid-roll ad, or post-roll ad. They’re more blatant but still effective.
- You can also do an entire podcast takeover. This is the most expensive option (unless you’re partnered with the host) but allows for complete control of the content and messaging.
GoPuff is the most interesting delivery app to hit the market in recent years. If you’re in the CPG space (and sell your products at physical retailers), GoPuff ads are a great choice. There are a few reasons for this:
- Three million people use the platform, so you’ll definitely reach your target buyer.
- It’s still a new platform. You’ll see less competition and lower costs than on other delivery apps.
- GoPuff also offers a powerful analytics platform to help you plan your strategy and measure your campaigns’ success.
Like most advertisers, the app operates on a cost-per-click payment model. This means you can optimize your ads’ reach for budget and inventory. You can choose between Sponsored Product Ads (appear in ‘shelves’ or brand categories) or Sponsored Search Ads (show up when customers search keywords for your products).
If you’re in ecommerce, there’s never been a better time to get on TikTok. Their new ‘Shop’ feature makes it easier than ever for any affiliate to choose your product and plug it into a TikTok video.
This means, with minimal effort on your end, others will sell your product for you (in addition to the ads you run). Users can also shop directly from the platform, so the conversion funnel is shorter and has fewer steps.
The stock photo platform, Unsplash, is a visual content creator’s dream. If you want high-quality photos and graphics to enhance your advertisements, look no further. Many brands post their own free-to-use stock photos featuring their products. When others use the photos, their brand gains more exposure and increases their reach as the users’ content is published across the internet.
What most people don’t realize is you can also advertise on Unsplash. Advertisements appear alongside the stock photos, and they’re fairly inconspicuous.
As we move into 2024, the competition for advertising space will only continue to grow. It’s essential to think outside the box and explore lesser-known platforms where your target audience may be spending their time. These four creative places to advertise are just the tip of the iceberg. Keep experimenting and don’t be afraid to take risks with your advertising strategy. You may find your next big breakthrough on a platform you never even considered before.