The global e-commerce market is currently seeing its best years. According to an IMARC Group report, this market globally is worth over $16.6 trillion. Like the rest of the world, the U.S., too, is seeing rapid growth in this particular industry.
According to ecommerceDB, the U.S. e-commerce market was worth over $862.4 billion in 2021. Progress is being made in this sector every day, and what’s interesting is that regional places like Boise, Idaho, too, are contributing to this market. New e-commerce businesses are popping up here every year. All that needs to be ensured for the success of these businesses is a strong online presence.
As a new e-commerce business based in Boise, you want to make sure that your online presence is as strong as possible. With so many potential customers using search engines like Google to find products and services, having a strong SEO (search engine optimization) strategy is critical.
This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to develop a successful SEO strategy for your new Boise-based e-commerce business.
Understanding Your Target Market
The first step in developing a successful SEO strategy is to understand your target market. It’s best if you can work with a Boise, Idaho SEO company that has in-depth knowledge about local SEO.
Since they operate locally, such SEO agencies can have their SEO experts deliver a data-driven strategy that will meet your e-commerce business goals. The local SEO strategy will also help you cater to more locals in Boise as well as some parts of Idaho and can help improve your website rankings organically.
Once you have a good understanding of your target market, the next step is to conduct keyword research. This will help you to determine which keywords and phrases your target market is using when they search for products and services like yours. There are a variety of tools available for keyword research, including Google Keyword Planner and SEMrush.
After you have conducted your keyword research, it’s time to start optimizing your website for those keywords. This involves making changes to your website’s content and structure to make it more search-engine friendly. Some of the key elements of on-site optimization include:
- Creating high-quality, keyword-rich content for your website
- Optimizing your website’s metadata (title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags)
- Maintaining a fast and responsive website
- Ensuring that your website has a clear, intuitive navigation structure
- Building internal links within your website to help search engines understand the relationships between your pages
In addition to on-site optimization, you also need to focus on off-site optimization. This involves building links from other websites back to your own. Search engines use these links to determine the authority and credibility of your website and to help them determine where to rank your website in their search results. Some of the best ways to build links for your e-commerce website include:
- Creating high-quality, shareable content that other websites will want to link to
- Reaching out to other websites in your niche and asking for links
- Guest posting on other websites to build your credibility and get links back to your own website
- Participating in online forums and communities related to your niche
Measuring and Refining Your SEO Strategy
Finally, it’s important to regularly measure the success of your SEO strategy and make changes as needed. This involves using tools like Google Analytics to track your website’s traffic and rankings and making changes to your strategy based on the data you collect. Track the following metrics:
- Website Traffic: How many visitors are coming to your website and from where?
- Keyword Rankings: Which keywords are driving traffic to your website, and where are you ranking for those keywords?
- Conversion Rates: How many visitors are actually making a purchase from your website?
By regularly measuring the success of your SEO strategy and making changes as needed, you can ensure that your e-commerce business continues to grow and succeed.
Forbes recently reported that retail e-commerce just surpassed the $1 trillion mark in a year for the first time. This leaves the door wide open for local e-commerce businesses to make their moves. As retail e-commerce grows, the chances of local e-commerce businesses making more profit also become more likely.
An e-commerce business can open the doors to instant success for you if you do things right, and you can start making that approach with the help of a proper SEO strategy. You can easily craft this SEO strategy by sticking to the points discussed above.