How To Choose The Best Web Design Company
When you have a small list of five or seven web design agencies that meet your basic criteria, you should contact them, request proposals, and carefully select the one that fits perfectly with you.
In this article, we will help you evaluate the Best Web Design Company on your shortlist. There are four sections that you should keep in mind: basic qualifications, communications, references, and proposals. At the end of this article, you will have a clear idea of which prospect should be your final option.
Communications: Pay attention to early signs
When you contact a web design company, the best thing you can do is be meticulous in your communications. Since communication is a two-way street, you have to carefully convey your exact expectations. Explain your goals explicitly and comment on what you expect from the website. Take one more step only when you have reached a mutual agreement.
It is the job of the web design company to ask questions and offer solutions. Then you can evaluate the experience and attention based on each presentation.
After you have announced your goals, they will formulate their proposals. These proposals need to detail how they will help you achieve your goals.
Your first communications with potential web design agencies give you a first feel for the energy they will be able to carry out in your project.
Communicate, communicate, and communicate by phone, email, and in person. Ask questions and pay attention to how they respond. This is your chance to scan in detail before making a decision.
Place a score for each web design company (using a table or graph) on a scale of 1 to 10 for each of the following criteria:
- Do you have a complete understanding of your company’s goals? Do they demonstrate a deep understanding of your needs?
- Have they identified and offered adequate solutions to your main problems and concerns?
- If you already have a website, have they identified flaws and areas for improvement? Were they able to devise solutions on their own, were they energetic, and offered appropriate analysis and solutions?
- Did they seem professional, trustworthy, and experienced? Were they presented as true experts in the field of web design and development?
- Did they agree with everything you said or did they offer other alternative solutions? Were they determined in their suggestions even though you put up resistance?
- Were they communicated clearly? Did they reach a mutual understanding? Did they listen carefully to your comments and ideas? Could you imagine a productive relationship with them and a successful product?
- Were they generous and informative with preliminary ideas? Did they answer all your questions satisfactorily? Did they offer innovative and exciting information that was consistent with your goals?
- Did they formulate the correct answers and were their questions relevant? The fact that a company does not ask few or no questions probably means it will not produce good results.
- Did they show a process or methodology (worksheets, questionnaires, interviews) to be of help and ensure that you have the same vision? The most reputable web design agencies have processes to achieve established objectives.
- How long does it take to answer your calls and emails? Do they answer your doubts and questions promptly?
Sending requests for proposals
If you consider that one of these web design agencies has not passed your communications test, discard it. You don’t even need a proposal. Effective communication is the cornerstone of every project. Communication failure at the start of a project is a warning of communication problems that are likely to continue throughout the process.
Send your request for proposals to the remaining web design agencies and be sure to indicate the delivery date for the proposal and instructions. Plus, include your contact information for tracking details.
Finally, be willing to almost ask your prospects questions. You are equally responsible for providing pertinent information that a web design company needs to complete a proposal.
Give all your candidates the same information by answering all their questions diligently and early. If some members of your team answer some questions better, make the connection, so that the doubts of the agencies are better clarified.
Protect your confidential information
If your request for a proposal contains any proprietary or confidential information (such as a unique idea, business methodologies, secrets, etc.), you need a confidentiality agreement for each prospect before committing any details to your request.
The confidentiality agreement protects you by prohibiting the use or disclosure of your confidential information outside of your working relationship. Many web design agencies have their confidentiality agreements, but your attorney should prepare one that fully protects you.
Request references and work samples
As design agencies work diligently on your proposals, ask them for references. You should check the references to find information about your possible partner design agency. Experience, reputation, and positive ratings are three essential attributes that you should take into account in your decision. The best thing to do is put together a complete profile of the company so you can make an informed decision.
When asking for examples of work from your prospects, ask for a diversified portfolio. You must see a broad spectrum of their work so that you can compare and contrast results. You must be confident that the web design company has the experience to achieve the specific results of your company and that it does not use the same strategy for all its clients.
If they can’t provide references, or if they don’t have a minimum of three web pages for your review, be careful. Any reputable web design company should be able to answer this request. Spend time on this step. It can consume a good part of your time, but it is an important preliminary factor that contributes to your decision.
If you ask a design agency’s clients, don’t restrict yourself to questions about their satisfaction level on their website, but how the design team addressed unforeseen challenges during the process, how they solved them, and what their collective strategy was.
Each design company scores the portfolios and reference requirements on a separate worksheet or map on a scale of 0-10.
Read more articles about marketing.
A digital marketing agency handles promotional and marketing campaigns that help a business attract more customers. Why should your business hire one? What benefits can you get from an external marketing team? In this article, we’ll talk about digital marketing...
The official birth date of the internet is widely considered to be January 1, 1983. Since then, we have grown accustomed to the web and its capabilities, spending more and more time in front of our computer screens. According to DataReportal’s Digital 2022...
Every business needs development, and we can see the development of a business in its marketing. Marketing is not just about selling or advertising, it's about developing your business by creating relationships with your customers. It's about...
There are so many different types of marketing, it can be difficult to figure out which one will work best for you. In this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of various types of marketing, so that you can make an informed decision about which type is right...
Nobody can argue with the fact that a successful business relies on a strong customer-seller relationship. And that relationship largely depends on product quality. Hence, the first and foremost thing to do to help grow your business is to focus on producing...
Regardless of whether you're just getting started with content marketing or you've been using the same strategy for some time, it never hurts to review your content strategy plan and make sure it's current, inventive, and engaging for your prospects and customers. The...